Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wow. It's Been a Good Minute, Hasn't It?

So, it's been five months since I've posted an entry in this blog, but today, one of my subscribers (MissNayNay) reminded me of why I created this blog in the first place: to rant on certain things that piss me the fuck off.

So, without further ado, I give you: Why Black People Piss Me Off Sometimes (even though I'm black my damn self).

I came across this article on MediaTakeOut.com yesterday that featured Jay-Z and Kanye West's new single "Otis." Apparently the morons who run the site thought, "Well, gee, what can we do to make this story more interesting to our dumb-as-fuck masses? Oh, let's bitch and moan about how there aren't any BLACK women in this video! Yeah, that'll get 'em all riled up!!!"

I'm sorry, but where in the Constitution does it say that every celebrity has to only feature people of their own race in whatever project they're doing?

Where is the law that mandates the prohibition of mingling with people of other ethnicities and skin tones?

And why is it that people who do bitch about trivialities such as this have to bring up the whole "think about the young fans who look up to you" argument? As if that's supposed to just magically make people believe in what the fuck the former is saying?

All I'm saying is this: If you're that weak of an individual that you need to rely on a celeb for the validation of your self-worth, then you need to just turn in your humanity card.

--- Lissa.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lissa,

    It's MissNayNay from YouTube. I have my own blog here called Tara So Sincere. Thanks for the shout out!

    Anyway, as I've already said in my comments of your video on YouTube, I agree. The fact that there aren't any black women in their videos is being made too big a deal of. I say good! I don't think that women should be in their videos period. Doing so is kind of condoning and enabling them and their misogynistic rap lyrics. I feel like a hypocrite, however, because I do likes SOME mainstream rappers, and even with those mainstream rappers, I don't like all of their songs. But I don't listen to rap as nearly as I used to when I was younger, and I think my appeal to to is continuing to diminish. I do like some underground rappers, such as Lupe Fiasco. I'll support him.

    Well, that's all for now. I had to retype all of this because when I pressed enter it erased everything I typed.

    ReplyDelete